Skip to main content

Introducing Miss Ruby Chadu.....

I am so sorry I have been so missing in action! But I had a baby! YAY! 

Ruby Elizabeth Chadu was born at 3.17am by emergency Caesarean on Saturday the 26th of March 2016 (2 days early), weighing 7lb 3oz and measuring 50cm.

So, I was induced on the Friday due to mild pre-eclampsia. Even though it was only mild, the doctors wanted to get my baby out as soon as possible before it got too dangerous. So I went into hospital at 8.00pm on Friday and got the first let of gel put in at 9.00pm. They told me that the second lot of gel would be done at 3.00am then they would break my waters at 8.00am. Well, I didn't even get to the second lot of gel. My waters broke themselves at 1.30am, despite the nurses saying nothing would happen for quite a while. 

Despite my waters breaking, I was only 2cm dilated even though the contractions were so strong and close together by this point. 

At about 2.00am, I passed out and had had a sudo seizure (possibly due to the pre-eclampsia). Thankfully, Ruby was delivered safely an hour and 17 minutes later. 

Despite at the start, having low blood sugar, mild jaundice and not putting weight on, Ruby is now thriving. It's been a few weeks since she has been weighed and measured but the midwifes and doctors are so happy with how my girl is doing. Hopefully in the next few days I can get her weighed and measured again :)

Ruby had her 6 week needles and checkup this past week and she was not a happy camper. At least we know she has a good set of lungs on her. Apart from reacting to her needles, everything else is fine. No heart problems, no hip issues, no sight or hearing issues.... our girl is perfect.

And we are in love <3





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW- Coral Colours Loose Translucent Powder

Time for my first ever makeup review! Coral Colours is an often overlooked Australian makeup brand. I don't hear much about them but I have tried a mascara, blush, lip gloss and powder from them and they are awesome products. This powder is my holy grail setting powders for my foundation and concealer. I really do not like using powders with colour in them because I find they make my face look cakey no matter how little amount of product I use. But I think I am going to start using colour powders because tragically, this powder and my ELF translucent powder are almost empty and both these brands are not available in Thailand :( This powder is an amazing powder. I can use as much or as little as I want and it does not make my makeup look cakey. Even on days when I don't use a primer, translucent powder, especially this one still makes my makeup last all day! And this is in hot, Thailand climate! Rating- 10/10 Love the stuff! And as soon as I could, I would

My Poppy.....

Today I got to see my Poppy's grave for the first time since his funeral in September 2012. Fair to say I just sat on the grass, at his grave and just cried. It was at that moment when I realised I miss my Poppy more than I ever thought I did. Rest in Piece you wonderful man!

7 month Update

Hi! My name is Ruby and I am now 7 months old! I weigh 9 kilo and I wear a size 00 and 0 but size 0 is a little bit too big.  I am sitting up like a big girl now and eating solids.  I love apple, pear and berries but I hate broccoli. My favourite TV show is the Wiggles. I can say Mum and Dad now.  My favourite people are my Mummy, Daddy, Nanny and Aunty Claire.  I am rolling around now and Mummy almost cant keep track of me! Just wait until I'm crawling!