Skip to main content

My Husband's Story

I thought today I would share the story of my husband and how we came to get together <3

As should be clear from my wedding photos and posts, my husband Yo is Thai.

Yo was born in Chiang Mai, Thailand was the youngest of 4 brothers and sisters.

I am not sure what age, but when he was quite young, he witnessed his father die in a brutal attack and then his mother was in and out of jail for drug abuse and selling a daughter to prostitution twice.

When he was about 3 or 4, he and his older siblings (Nit, Noy and Ja Fu) were taken from Chiang Mai to a children's home in Banklang, Phetchabun. The people that brought him to Banklang were Australians and the husband and son were two of Yo's best men in our wedding. 

Yo lived at the children's home most of his life and went on to work at the childrens life until late 2014. As you know, Yo and I met when we went on a missions trip to his orphanage in 2013.

We took him to Australia January-April of this year and were married in February of this year.

We are now happily married for 6 months so far and living in Khao Kho, Thailand, where I am teaching and he is the groundsman at the same school.

Today, his mother and brother still have issues on and off with drugs and are not christians. I praise God that my husband is a strong christian who went down the right path <3


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW- Coral Colours Loose Translucent Powder

Time for my first ever makeup review! Coral Colours is an often overlooked Australian makeup brand. I don't hear much about them but I have tried a mascara, blush, lip gloss and powder from them and they are awesome products. This powder is my holy grail setting powders for my foundation and concealer. I really do not like using powders with colour in them because I find they make my face look cakey no matter how little amount of product I use. But I think I am going to start using colour powders because tragically, this powder and my ELF translucent powder are almost empty and both these brands are not available in Thailand :( This powder is an amazing powder. I can use as much or as little as I want and it does not make my makeup look cakey. Even on days when I don't use a primer, translucent powder, especially this one still makes my makeup last all day! And this is in hot, Thailand climate! Rating- 10/10 Love the stuff! And as soon as I could, I would

My Poppy.....

Today I got to see my Poppy's grave for the first time since his funeral in September 2012. Fair to say I just sat on the grass, at his grave and just cried. It was at that moment when I realised I miss my Poppy more than I ever thought I did. Rest in Piece you wonderful man!

7 month Update

Hi! My name is Ruby and I am now 7 months old! I weigh 9 kilo and I wear a size 00 and 0 but size 0 is a little bit too big.  I am sitting up like a big girl now and eating solids.  I love apple, pear and berries but I hate broccoli. My favourite TV show is the Wiggles. I can say Mum and Dad now.  My favourite people are my Mummy, Daddy, Nanny and Aunty Claire.  I am rolling around now and Mummy almost cant keep track of me! Just wait until I'm crawling!